Thursday, February 21, 2013


This last weekend, I took photographs of things I thought would show abstract features of nature. I wanted to take photographs of leaves, bark from a tree, branches, cat tails, and acorns. However, I actually took photos of leaves, peeling paint on a house, a piece of old wood, and really cool spheres that were attached to leaves that had fallen from a tree. Peeling paint doesn't exactly fall in the category of nature, but I wanted to show the long-time effects of nature in a different perspective. The same goes for the piece of wood, it has interesting crevices all throughout it which goes to show, again, the effects of nature.

3 comments:

  1. These photos are quite lovely, Courtney. I think you chose a great concentration for your style you've developed. I like the inclusion of the peeling paint image in your series. It adds another level of complexity to your ideas through the inclusion of nature's effect on manmade objects. All of your images are unified through low saturation color and strong texture. You've also composed your images well through movement and interesting eye levels. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your photos! They are all so interesting! Your concept is intriguing also! I really like the third photo on your blog! Very well don, keep it up! Can't wait to see it at the end of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved macro shots, and you did yours quite well. The deatail on the leaves is nearly perfect. I also like the low saturation tone in your series. The mood is kinda soft and somber, yet crisp and purposeful.

    ReplyDelete